Monday, December 20, 2010

Confession is good for the soul!

Hello blogger world! This is my first entry into the blogger world. I have friends who manage blogs (quite well I must admit), so I thought I would take a crack at it. I felt a need to create this blog for different reasons. Reason number 1 is that I need accountability for my weight loss journey and I figure if people read this then that is my accountability. Reason number 2 is that I know that confessions are good and healthy and this could be a way for me to confess that I need help and encouragement. Reason number 3 is that this blog could be a tool for journaling what I eat, when I eat, and why I eat it! I know from my past weight loss journeys how important it is to write down what I eat. I am not a big fan of writing what I eat, so this is my biggest challenge.
For those of you who know me well, you know that I was a contestant on Augusta's Biggest Loser competition in 2008 and lost 98lbs. Well, if you have seen me lately you know that I have gained it all back with about 10 extra pounds. I am very well aware of my weight gain and totally ashamed and embarrassed by it. I know, I know..some of you might say not to be ashamed or embarrassed but quite frankly I should be. I had such a great gift through Biggest Loser and did not grow and learn from it. Well, not true! I did learn things...I just didn't put them into practice. I wanted to stay home and not come out. I got to the point that I didn't even want to go to church.
Well, hopefully this is a start to yet another journey of becoming healthy. I know I am not alone and there are some of you who need accountability. There are some of you whom I have avoided because of how ashamed I had become. To you (you know who you are), please accept my apology. I have finally come to terms with who I am and where I want to go. I know that my identity is in Jesus Christ alone and I had been putting my identity into my body size. Seems silly, doesn't it? Well, we all have our mountains to climb and I have to learn how to put my strength in Christ to take me up that mountain...because I don't have the ability to climb it alone!
Denny

3 comments:

  1. Hey Denny,

    First Denny you have nothing to be ashamed of. We all are people of habits. If it makes you feel any better, I have gained approx., 40lbs in the last six months. I have become a person who has fear of going into public. God is working on me and He will work on you. He make you the man that you want to be. Remember that God made us unique and we all have our battles. If I where you I would pray that God would release you from that demon that is causing the problem. Only you know what it is! I have faith in you and that God will lose from the chains that bind you. Remember you are an awesome individual regardless of your weight! Love you man....Kevin - also please follow my blog. http://ksmiley-faith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denny, the most important thing you are doing, taking the first step back to healthy. I understand as I have lost and gained and lost and now want to be certain my lifestyle remains healthy. Thank you for being willing to share and confess. I will pray that God grow you closer to him and smaller in size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denny,
    Thank you for being so honest! I understand about being embarrassed. I am at my heaviest (besides being pg with Ryland) and I am having a hard time getting motivated to lose the weight. I also don't like going out b/c I don't want people to think "whoa, she's gained alot of weight!"
    I pray that God will give you the strength and motivation you need to meet your goals. Love ya! Shannon

    ReplyDelete